Skip to the content
- Cast iron skillet
- Fresh or minced garlic
- Garlic powder
- Pizza dough
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- LET DOUGH RISE FOR 1 HOUR BEFORE THIS PROCESS
- Put cast iron on stove on low heat
- While this is warming up, hold a knob of butter with paper towel and smear it around the bottom and sides of inside the skillet (it’s like using a glue stick!)
- When all shiny with butter, take off heat and let sit to the side
- Put a bit of flour on your counter and work the dough out until it’s round (doesn’t have to be perfect)
- Lay dough across the bottom of the skillet and push up the edges onto the sides of the pan. It’s possible one pizza dough is a bit too much for this, so you can get rid of the excess
- On the side warm and mix 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 clove of fresh/minced garlic
- Using a brush, baste the dough ENTIRELY. Make sure you got that WAP (Wet Ass Pizza) so really cover every inch of dough, even the edges.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder, black pepper, whatever you want on there. Can’t go wrong with more seasonings.
- Hella mozzarella time, make sure to really cover all the way out to the edges. The cheese that’s touching the cast iron will be the crunchy good stuff.
- Bake at 400° for 20ish minutes. You’ll know by their look.
- Eat Up!